It’s difficult when one of your parents is in hospital, no matter what age you are. Flowers and chocolates are commonly given gifts, but some hospitals don’t allow flowers, and chocolates aren’t great if the patient has little appetite. Here, we have some great, different gifts to buy for your mother if she is facing a stay in hospital – guaranteed to cheer her up.
- If your mum is going to be staying for a couple of nights, or longer, she will probably appreciate something to make her stay more comfortable. Some nice bathing products or lotions to keep her feeling relaxed is a nice idea.
- Some luxury socks are also a great gift for someone who will be staying in hospital for a long period. If you want a bigger gift, a dressing gown is also a great idea. A matching eye mask will help ensure mum gets a good nights’ sleep despite all the lights in the ward. Comfortable pyjamas made from a high-quality fabric are also a great idea. Hospital gowns aren’t very comfortable, so some nice new pyjamas are sure to help mum get a better sleep.
- If the patient needs to keep their mind busy, some puzzle books make a great gift. They’re great for making the time go faster when waiting to be allowed home. Adult colouring therapy books are also nice for those looking to relax and pass the time quietly.
- For Muslim women, you might like to choose some Islamic gifts for her. A hijab gift set is sure to be well-received, or if your mother has a sweet tooth how about some personalised chocolate dates? A portable prayer mat is also a great choice, to ensure your mother can still pray on time even when in hospital.
- A lap tray is a good gift for patients who will be spending a lot of time on bed rest. It can be used every day at home too, both during the recovery period and afterwards. There are loads of different patterns and styles available, so there’s sure to be something to suit everyone’s tastes.
- Some jewellery is a great gift for women in hospital. They might be feeling a bit tired, and like they are not looking their best, so some nice new jewellery is sure to be a little confidence booster.